- Plan A Visit
- Rides & Slides
- Buy Tickets
Planning Your Picnic
Planning Your Picnic
Here are some tips to help you plan your picnic at Holiday World & Splashin' Safari:
1. How far in advance do we need to reserve a picnic facility for an outing?
If a specific date is important to you, it is advisable to reserve your outing date early in the year. If your outing date can be somewhat flexible, in many instances facilities are still available later in the season.
2. How many guests should we plan for?
Generally, if the company is paying for the entire admission and/or meal, we suggest you multiply the number of your employees by 2.1 to estimate your picnic attendance ahead of time.
3. What will the total cost be?
Simply multiply the quoted cost of admission (plus meal cost, if applicable) times the number of people expected. Holiday World's Group Sales Department will provide you with a quote.
4. Should the company pay for the entire cost of admission and/or meal?
This depends on your budget. Most companies will pay for the entire cost of admission and meal while some companies require employees to pay for a portion of the cost per person.
5. Who should be eligible to attend?
It is certainly your company's choice, but most companies invite all employees (and their immediate families) who are eligible for company insurance benefits.
6. Should employees be allowed to bring along additional guests and/or grandchildren?
Some companies allow employees to bring additional guests beyond their immediate family by having the employees reimburse the company for the total cost of the additional admissions and/or meals.
7. How far in advance should employees be notified?
Notify your employees of the date as soon as possible. We recommend allowing employees to begin making reservations four or five weeks ahead, with an absolute deadline 14 days prior to the outing.
8. Promotional Materials
Your Holiday World Representative will provide you with posters and brochures well in advance of your outing for use in informing your employees of their upcoming event.
9. How should actual reservations be handled?
A reservation form can be distributed to all eligible employees. This form should include the following information:
- Name of employee
- Employee contact info
- Cut-off date for reservations
- Number of reservations needed (children ages two and younger are free and do not need a reservation)
- Name of person to contact if there are questions
- Name of person to return the completed reservation forms to
Pricing information for additional guests
10. Ticket distribution
Your Holiday World Representative will provide you with admission tickets for everyone age 3 and older; along with agendas and Fun Club Bonus Value Coupon Books (one per family), well in advance of your outing, so that you will have ample time to distribute the materials to everyone in your group.
11. Meal Guarantee
- If your group is having a meal, you will need to let Holiday World know 14 days in advance of how many meals to prepare for your outing.
- Make sure that each person age 3 and older has a meal ticket. Everyone who picks up a meal in the buffet line must have a ticket.
All charges will be based on the guarantee, or on the actual number of persons served if greater than the guaranteed number.
12. Deposit & Payment
- A deposit equal to approximately 10% of your final invoice amount is required prior to your picnic. An invoice for the balance will be mailed to you after your picnic. Payment is due within 15 days of the invoice date.
Any additional questions? Email Group Sales or call 1-800-467-2682, extension 5272 or 812-937-5272.